Wednesday 9 December 2015

Sorrow in transit..

Today, I accidently Saw a Heartbreaking silent sorrow that only became obvious once I had deduced what I was looking at... While Driving back from the Park after Walking My Boo.. a Large Lorry, the kind they use to transport animals..

I was waiting on a Busy Junction when it passed right in front of me.. and I pulled out and was right behind it.. all of a sudden a large amount of dark liquid and other material started to; at first Drip, then flow; then large gushes; from the back.. and I realised...

These unknown species of livestock were on the way to the slaughterhouse.. and they were literally Scared shitless... which is what was dripping; then flowing out the back of the holding compartment... I felt tiny tears burning at both corners of my eyes.. because it then became very clear to me..

These poor things will go hungry and Thirsty all night and wait in a dark concrete holding pen; till the Morning when they will be slaughtered.. they dont feed animals before Death; what's the point? they will be dead before they can digest it... and they are allowed by law to do such...

So much Sorrow goes silent and unseen... I got to the shop to get a loaf.. and had to wipe the tears and snot from my nose... before getting out.. I was moved to misery.. but at the same time I love Lasagna.. and an occasional slice of smoked bacon... so I am part of their demise indirectly... and no less guilty of their impending fate...

I am left with a precarious dichotomy of Sadness Sorrow; Mercy and Guilt... into an unresolvable dilemma of Kindness and cruelty... and a bitter prayer of Mercy to the innocent; yet collaboration and quiet acquiescence.. in their suffering:

God have Mercy: and save some for me... if you please... as we all travel that final mile and meet the same fate in time; but by another means...

Pax Christi:


No comments: