Monday 23 July 2012

the artist is a quantum mechanic

I had a pleasant few hours with a friend I have known over 40 years... He is an extraordinary fellow... Code name Bazzle (I dont want to prostitute His identity) A trained Artist who now sells fine Art via the Internet, and makes a very healthy living with the tinyest pieces of Pottery and Jewellery.. makes thousands..


He is very knowledgeable about 19th-20th century Art on many levels.. and we were debating about "installations" if you dont know what that is I am not explaining it, only my particular definition of what my be a different dimension to your way of thinking...


an Event, a fascinating large area of many mysteries, a visual illusion and a fairground ride that can shock or delight the "Witness/Viewer" thats why Art is so subjective it borders on a Quantum level.. where it can only happen if You are there to see it.... and the observer interacts and can change it, or is changed by it... a kaliedascope of wonderment and irony, an expieriance you enjoy and remember.... forever... like an intercourse of all the senses... 


any how I was trying to remember a picture I'd seen in Manchester City Art Gallery way back in the 80's.. when I was rather keen on the pre-raphaelites, and fancied myself as a bit of nurd on the subject...


So I got My tablet on to the MCA link above.. and we played "name the artist" for the thumbnails which did not include the Artists name... in the Collections link.. with 8 small pics per page.. and to my surprise we pretty much knew 50% or better... some are hard to make out on a thumbnail, but still that aint bad.. so over time we are going to "brainstorm" some ideas about an "instillation" for fun.. he hasnt drawn or painted for some years, but the Eye of the Artist cannot forget what it sees... however long since a hand followed those eyes to carve a copy of nature on paper..




So it is a contemplation in motion.. a brain child.. one that you throw about like a beech-ball, till it crys... or its blood makes a pretty pattern on the swimming pool wall, "thank God for polaroid..." 


I'd like to build a 1/3rd size Dolls house, big enough for a 4ft child or adult of slender proportions, no fatso's please, You'll Wreck the fucking place.. with Your fat ass.. ahem... 


or another idea is to proportionally furnish the "Tate Modern" famous Turbine hall, with enormous gargantuan tables.. and Furniture to make the viewer feel as big as a mouse... a room as big as a cathedral... with a stuffed cat 20ft high to match.. and a tv remote you can sit on like a park bench..

Fun stuff like that.. I'll tell ya more the moment inspiration flexes my fingers to type... in the meantime.. thought's artistic burn like a camp fire in the dark forest of my unconscious... wish me luck, I am goin to meditate now....

the artist is a quantum mechanic and a witchdoctor of the 7 senses, the purveyor of light upon the retina with their hearts vision of Beauty and Madness...

:)

No comments: