Friday 7 October 2016

Not out the forest

Not out the forest, but on the slow mend.. the Major part of the crisis is still passing in the mending.. but hope springs eternal and prayers can take a long time to answer..

She is Boo, You probably guessed that... Last Tuesday she didn't want to go for our usual 2 am Walk.. around a regular 1 mile pathway.. and Wed, and Thur, and Fri, and Sat... started getting concerned, Sunday the same, so I resolved to See the Vet first thing Monday.. cant tell you how Glad I am to have made the effort, coz it was getting a bit scary She looked at me and both her Eyes rolled independently with a slimy glaze on them.. she looked Delirious..

but not a peep; not a sound; not moment; when she wasn't trying to please and appease me, like she does after reading my mind.. it's uncanny... They gave her an ultrasound scan, much quicker than an X-ray, which also requires an Anesthetic to keep them still.. as pets of all kinds Fidget a lot.. and the Prognosis was Immediate, Emergency surgery for "Pyometria" = inflammation of the Uterus and Ovaries.. (filled with Puss) and was told if I had left it another 3-5 days she would have died silently in her sleep...

So She went into surgery immediately, as I told them she had not eaten since the day before.. they went right into theatre.. and I had to leave Her and go Home alone.. that was the Darkest Night of any in my recent life... I was awash with tears and fears the whole night long.. so Lost without Her.. She is my Life, the only bit that is worth living for..  and there is no life without Her.. I have nothing and am nothing without Her..

The tenderest Love I have ever felt from childhood through adolescence, middle Age, to now Old Age, fuck me I am 63.. and Ugly as the Devils Conscience.. nothing on Earth could love me.. but she does.. maybe coz She is always my first Consideration and priority, and can never be angry or selfish in regard to her.. Our Day is "constant togetherness" a symbiotic transcendental union in the 51st State of Grace.. 

Never been this close to another living thing.. never loved anything, till I saw Her face on a Rescued dog charity site.. My heart went through the pixels into subconscious instant enchantment... when I saw this little Lady...... my Heart went "bang"...


Picture Sep 2014:
posted from a Lady I had contacted some months before.. who was on the lookout for a compatible companion.. Her little legs folded back, and that hard bed, in that cage she had lived in for over a year.. no walks, no love; no fresh food.. at that moment I wanted to hold Her and comfort Her.. yet realised the chances of that, were not certain.. she looked so Sad, her ears pulled back in fear.. I wanted to save her from Lovelessness.. and give my Life to make her happier..

I had already seen and met several Dog's, even brought 2 home for a trial.. but the previous Owner asked for one them back... and the other one was just too disturbed and I took him back the next day..

another I saw, was a lovely sheepdog, who would not even look at me, but kept it's eyes on it's owner, because it knew what was happening.. and would not even acknowledge me for a moment.. then it was arranged to meet the Lady and we agreed to meet in Guildford, and as I turned the corner to meet Her.. I saw this Proud little Dog, with it's head up in a courageous conquering posture; like a victorious Lion after a Battle for survival... 

My Prayer of 2 years had finally come true.. with the soul-pal of lifetime... intelligent, very quiet, non aggressive, sensitive, affectionate, with a large set of little sounds she daily makes that are so many; and so diverse, it is a small Lexicon in itself... not unlike conversation in shorthand.. and She does Yoga!... seriously, before we go out for a Promenade she stretches her back, and puts, first the right leg, then the Left Leg out behind Her like a Ballerina.. totally enchanting, she licks Her Paws like a Cat?... must have shared a Cell with one or some...

I kid You not.. She is the Best Dog in the whole world.. everybody who sees Her, Loves Her.. She is Half Corgi, Half Staffie.. with a Nature as Gentle as a new born angel... and a quiet grace that puts the human race to shame... 

I collected Her on Tue Morning 10:30, after the longest night of my life.. and though She has a Red Scar 7 inches long on Her tummy.. not a sound of complaint did she make, no Whining wimp She.. 

She was Groggy.. and must have been in pain no doubt, but no obvious distress was apparent.. We got Home and she Slept pretty much for 12 Hours.. and after Midnight, I carried Her downstairs, and took her for a very short walk and a little wee.. then back up to bed.. where I held Her in my arms half the night, and as she breathes, little sounds like Doves cooing came from Her, happy to be home again.. our little micro family.. Blessed by the grace of God's Mercy.. to be as one..

I may have nothing, or will ever make a mark worth reading, but as long as I have Her, the World is mine, and no Man can claim greater riches; than this little life; that shines eternal light into my heart.. She has brought to me; into a world of darkness....

Anyhow she is on the Mend..



No comments: