Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Misery's...

This Christmas is as near to living hell.. as I expected it to be.. we have had an endless torrent of pouring rain here.. there are floods everywhere.. the roads look like river beds.. covered in mud and fallen trees, as we had 2 storms as well already...

Yesterday I needed an emergency appointment at the dentist..which was at 10:30, I got there only to be told they had been phoning since 8am to cancel my appointment.. (a 26 mile wasted trip) I said "but I had no missed calls.." it turns out there office network had a glitch and reverted to original backup of clients numbers.. from before they were updated.. a really stupid error..

so they were calling 2 old numbers, which I no longer have.. Oh the pointlessness of life at times like these.. so I then did some last minute shopping for the Empty day of Xmas.. 

on the way back from this aborted appointment.. I drove through a deep river/flood on the road.. and got through then 2 miles down the road.. it died.. so I had to walk 4 miles through mud wind and "driving rain the size of bird droppings.." I couldn't carry the shopping knowing it was too heavy.. and I only had jogging pants and a t shirt on.. with a scarf... and SANDALS... and had sizeable hills to climb.. I couldnt even lock the car coz it is all electric in that respect, if you have a short... it affects pretty much every thing.. and the back door would not open because of that... where the shopping was..

Yes You get the picture... no more than I deserve... I got home at 6:30 pm feeling like Scot of the Antarctic.. my shoes are totally trashed.. I was drenched soaked and weather beaten.. 

So now I have a day of deep emptiness and anxiety... hunger and cold turkey... as it will be a day of fasting in the fear of what is to come next... the only consolation is.. at least I deserve it.. which justifies the punishment: thank God I'm a masochist or I'd be really pissed off...


No comments: