Thursday 26 December 2013

a Gift of goodness

at around 12 pm I got a call from a private number.. so I answered it with a cold unfeeling voice.. it was my sprite and lively neighbour who asked me if I would like a plate of Christmas Vegetables...

I did not turn it down.. She said Bring a plate down and I will call you at 1:30 when it's done... so I did... and at 1:30 she called and I went down, and to my delight, She had a tray with an entire traditional Christmas lunch.. including Turkey Brussel sprouts carrots Stuffing roast potatoes and cranberry sauce...

a Moment of lingering bliss lasted 20 mins of it's consuming.. I was appeased from the sorrows of the World momentarily in a delicious delight... My Christmas had a heart and it was on a plate made with love from an 83 yr old lady who is my favourite neighbour... I took her out last week for a Xmas lunch, and this was her way of repaying me I guess... 

it was a blessing from a kindness I already gave away not thinking it might be returned... and how grateful I was... for a while all the crap was gone.. and warm food was the oxygen of life... never underestimate the power of an Act of kindness... the repercussions persist over time... and bring a touch of home to the lonely.. and a gift from the mercy of God... on his illegitimate Sons Birthday... if I can get my Car working I will get on my knees for Jesus..

No comments: