Sunday 30 October 2011

On the Death of an X...

We played and had thrills, my heart pounding with fear & excitement, we went all over together, and far distant lands and adventures were ours... I marvelled in the beauty of complexity and pure mathematics synthesised & manifest before my eyes in colours and explosions of light... this is the second X who's died on me..


it was a natural end and the police are not suspicious... coz I didnt call them.. but after trying to revive my beloved over many hours She slipped into the scrapyard of all things obsolete... 


i was in shock for a while, still am... now all the expense of finding a replacement is a hassle... I called the priest but he could do nothing... to ease my heavy heart.. the sad and bitter truth is my Xbox has got the red ring of death, or rrod as users call it.. that is the second Xbox to die on me in 4 years, so I now realise they are 'disposable' rather than something you could depend on like a faithful Dog or a Girlfriend... or a platinum American Express card without limit..


frankly I'd rather have solid plastic over anything organic with moving parts... that leak occasionally... my next 3rd Xbox will be here in 5 days... as a replacement on a deal that only cost £32.00... fix of replace offer... cheaper than buying another one new...


Mm yeah...

No comments: